COVID-19 update : Normal operations have resumed.
We all had the experience of getting that super-annoying cold and cough. Fever, running nose, cough, sneezing, headache, breathlessness- these are the symptoms of common influenza- as well as the new mysterious Coronavirus. So, which do you have? It does depend on how do you answer the given below questions?
Have you recently been there in Hubei Province China? Have you come in contact with people who are suffering from Coronavirus?
If answers to these questions are “NO”, you might have only infected with a common nasty cold, which is in most cases, subsides within a week time. In other circumstances, if your answers to the above questions are “YES”, then it is probably the time to get immediate medical attention because you might have infected with Coronavirus.
Let’s know more about the origin, symptoms, prevention, and alarming spread of this infamous, nocuous virus so that you could save yourself, family and friends from it. Read More..
Corona is not flu, but the infected patient shows frequent flu-like symptoms. The patient may show signs of infection, like fever, cold, breathing difficulty etc. In most severe cases, it can lead to pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, renal system failure. However, not all types of coronaviruses are dangerous. The novel Coronavirus causes acute respiratory syndromes (MERS-CoV and SARS- CoV and these can lead to severe respiratory inefficiency. Elderly, young, and people with the weak immune system have high chances of developing lower to acute respiratory tract diseases.
If you wish to wear a facemask, make sure you got the right fit. These masks are meant to block liquid droplets and might restrict the particles and other viral infection entering through nose and mouth.
Here is the list of few face masks that can provide you with total protection.
A Complete list of 52 Coronavirus testing sites across India
1. Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
2. Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Andaman & Nicobar islands:
3. GMC, Anantapur, AP
4. Regional Medical Research Centre, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar
5. Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati
6. Regional Medical Research Center, Dibrugarh
7. Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna
8. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
9. All India Institute Medical Sciences, Raipur
10. All India Institute Medical Sciences, Delhi
11. National Centre for Disease Control, Delhi
12. BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad
13. M.P.Shah Government Medical College, Jamnagar
14. Pt. B.D. Sharma Post Graduate Inst. of Med. Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana
15. BPS Govt Medical College, Sonipat
16. Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
17. Dr.Rajendra Prasad Govt. Med. College, Kangra, Tanda, HP
Jammu and Kashmir:
18. Sher‐e‐ Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar
19. Government Medical College, Jammu
20. MGM Medical College, Jamshedpur
21. Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute, Bangalore
22. National Institute of Virology Field Unit Bangalore
23. Mysore Medical College & Research Institute, Mysore
24. Hassan Inst. of Med. Sciences, Hassan, Karnataka
25. Shimoga Inst. of Med. Sciences, Shivamogga, Karnataka
26. National Institute of Virology Field Unit, Kerala
27. Govt. Medical College, Thriuvananthapuram, Kerala
28. Govt. Medical College, Kozhikhode, Kerala
29. All India Institute Medical Sciences, Bhopal
30. National Institute of Research in Tribal Health (NIRTH), Jabalpur
31. NEIGRI of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong, Meghalaya
32. Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur
33. Kasturba Hospital for Infectious Diseases, Mumbai
34. J N Inst. of Med. Sciences Hospital, Imphal‐East, Manipur
35. Regional Medical Research Center, Bhubaneswar
36. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry
37. Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab
38. Government Medical College, Amritsar
39. Sawai Man Singh, Jaipur
40. Dr. S.N Medical College, Jodhpur
41. Jhalawar Medical College, Jhalawar, Rajasthan
42. SP Med. College, Bikaner, Rajasthan
43. King's Institute of Preventive Medicine & Research, Chennai
44. Government Medical College, Theni
45. Government Medical College, Agartala
46. Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad
47. King's George Medical University, Lucknow
48. Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
49. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
50. Government Medical College, Haldwani
51. National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases, Kolkata
52. IPGMER, Kolkata