Whether it is for general wellness or everyday checking purposes, a blood pressure monitor is crucial for all these reasons. It can provide reports on your everyday health and check if you are dealing with improper health conditions. Moreover, it can monitor your blood pressure and give you timely updates about whether it is in control.
While it is required for every person, people dealing with blood pressure disorders must purchase this device for continuous monitoring. As it records the measurements, the patient will be immediately informed if the blood pressure fluctuates and can take the medications prescribed by the doctor to keep health problems at bay. In addition, proper treatment at the right time can keep many illnesses away, so a patient can use this device to get notified timely about their pressure fluctuations. This way, they can keep themselves away from severe conditions such as arrhythmias, angina, heart failure, stroke, heart attack and even death.
Before we discuss why keeping a blood pressure monitor is essential for every BP patient, let us understand the different blood pressure values.
- Low Blood Pressure - It is a state where the blood pressure drops below 90/60 mm Hg. This state is also known as hypotension, and a person suffering from such a condition must contact the doctor immediately.
- Elevated Blood Pressure - If the diastolic blood pressure rate is at 80 mm Hg and the systolic blood pressure ranges from 120 to 129 mm Hg, it is elevated.
- Stage 1 Hypertension - When the systolic blood pressure ranges from 130 to 139 mm Hg, and the diastolic blood pressure ranges from 80 to 89 mm Hg, it is stage 1 hypertension.
- Stage 2 Hypertension - When the systolic pressure is 140 mm Hg or higher, whereas the diastolic pressure is 90 mm Hg or higher, it is a stage 2 hypertension.
- Hypertensive Crisis - When the systolic blood pressure surpasses 180 mm Hg and the diastolic blood pressure exceeds 120 mm Hg, it is considered severe hypertension. The injured person may suffer from various organ damage at this level, necessitating emergency medical attention.
These are the different blood pressure values that a patient might deal with. However, all these conditions need regular monitoring, and therefore, the device is a must-have in every household. Now let's give you an insight into the different types of blood pressure monitors to ease your decision-making.
Types of Blood Pressure Monitors
There are two basic types of blood pressure monitors such as manual blood pressure and digital blood pressure machine.
Manual blood pressure machine
Also known as a manual sphygmomanometer, it is one of the most commonly used blood pressure monitoring devices in a medical setting. A cuff is wrapped around the patient's arm, a gauge (reading scale) and an inflation bulb are all included in this device. Because it requires a stethoscope to interpret the readings, this device is generally utilized by medical professionals. It has two different categories.
- Mercury sphygmomanometer: This device is the gold standard for clinical blood pressure measurement. The reading scale in this instrument is made of mercury.
- Aneroid sphygmomanometer: The reading board in this monitor does not contain mercury but rather around a gauge for measuring blood pressure.
Digital blood pressure machine
These monitors, also known as digital sphygmomanometers, can be used at home without any assistance. Self-measured blood pressure (SMBP) monitoring is the process of utilizing a blood pressure instrument at home instead of in a hospital. These devices, including a cuff and a monitor for measuring ambulatory blood pressure, are safe and simple to use. Mobile monitoring involves taking blood pressure readings at predetermined intervals (typically every 30 minutes) and wearing a cuff for 24 hours.
Once a year, the accuracy of home blood pressure monitors must be verified by taking them to a medical facility and comparing the readings on the devices. Unless a person has a heart rhythm disorder such as atrial fibrillation or arrhythmia, blood pressure can be accurately measured at home with digital monitors.
Why must a blood pressure (BP) patient have a blood pressure monitor at their home?
- Sudden changes in the heart rate can cause complications like stroke and heart failure. So to avoid such situations, patients can purchase a blood pressure monitor to keep track of their everyday blood pressure and provide regular updates to the doctor. He will then give the right medicine to keep these complications away.
- Blood pressure monitors are capable of monitoring the pressure 24 hours a day which can help treat masked hypertension and reduce the risk of organ failure.
- The digital blood pressure monitors are small in size and, therefore, can be carried anywhere without worrying about the space. So, anytime a patient feels the need to check the blood pressure, they can do it instantly without having to wait for returning home.
- It is easy to use, and the digital monitors are way more efficient than the traditional ones. Moreover, it can be operated easily by people of all generations.
- Many people's blood pressure increases when they visit a medical facility, a condition known as white coat hypertension. Digital blood pressure equipment can aid in accurately measuring such patients' blood pressure.
Ask your doctor about which monitor to buy and the traits you need to look for in the device before purchasing, and based on his suggestion, buy the suitable machine for your home monitoring. Also, ask your doctor how long you need to use it and update every reading on the monitor to your doctor on the next appointment; this will help them diagnose your condition effectively.
You can get an Upper Arm Digital Blood Pressure Monitor and Pulse Monitor for yourself as it comes with a body movement indicator. Besides, it also comes with an alarm function and voice command.
Apart from this, MCP - ABS Desk and Wall Type Square Sphygmomanometer BP Monitor is also a good choice for it has an expandable rubber tubing that you can stretch while measuring the blood pressure. Also, it comes with a stylish look.
You can buy the best blood pressure monitors from ShakeDeal.