Cordless Screwdrivers are operated on batteries and are suitable for projects requiring a lot of movement. They are known for convenience, compactness, portability, and high power. The device is effortless to use and suitable for confined places. Some of its benefits include increased speed and precision, lightweight, interchangeable screwdriver bits, etc. Nowadays, you get the advanced model of cordless screwdrivers with unique features like multiple speed options and magnetized bits.
Advantages of Cordless Screwdrivers –
- Cordless screwdrivers are the ideal options for furniture assembly as they are very convenient to use without facing any issue of wire tripling.
- The device is suitable for all kinds of working environments.
- It is a versatile tool that can be used for multiple applications like fixing plasterboard, dismantling/assembling auto body parts and screwing/unscrewing nut bolt systems.
- They are equipped with lightweight lithium-ion batteries that can hold the charge for a longer time.
- Cordless screwdriver batteries come in three types: less than 1.5Ah, between 1.5 and 2Ah, and over 2Ah.
- The tool saves both time and energy while performing the driving process without wear and tear on hands.
- It delivers more accuracy and precision while driving the screws with the help of high torque and speed.
- The cordless screwdriver kit with a range of interchangeable bits comes at affordable price rates.
Factors to consider while selecting the Cordless Drill Screwdriver:
Power – It is usually measured in volts. Lighter models have an output range of 3-7 volts of power. Lower voltage models are suitable for applications like assembling furniture, hanging wall paintings, etc. The high voltage models deliver power ranging between 8-15 volts.
Torque - It is a force of appliance used to drive the screw in the clockwise or anticlockwise direction.
Speed – It is measured in rounds per minute (RPM). The lighter model has an average speed of 150 – 300 rpm. The modern cordless screwdriver devices come with the variable speed control feature suitable for multiple applications.
Manoeuvrability – They are in different forms like a fixed pistol grip, variable grip and inline. The pistol type comes with a small handle and finger trigger for convenient use. The variable grip type comes with an adjustable grip and is thus an ideal option for confined space. The inline screwdriver has a straight grip and is similar to a manual screwdriver.
Battery – Battery power is measured in milliamp for small batteries. 1 Ah battery is capable of producing 1 amp of energy for 1 hour of time.
Size – Size indicates the tool's power, and thus, a large tool comes with a powerful motor. The standard weight range of a cordless screwdriver is between 1 to 3 pounds.
Additional features – It includes various extra elements to improvise the performance of the device. These include –
a. Magnetic Screw Holder – It is the front extension of the machine to eliminate the holding of the screw with the other hand while screw driving.
b. Torque Adjustment system allows the user to raise or reduce the torque level as per the application type.
c. Instant stop functionality prevents the tool from driving the screw if the machine stops in the middle of the driving process.
d. LED Lights – It is helpful in illuminating dark places and helps in avoiding unnecessary accidents.
Common Queries Related to Cordless Screwdrivers:
- What size of screws is necessary for DIY projects?
Electric Screwdrivers have replaceable bits that users can alter as per the variety of screw sizes and styles.
2. Is it necessary to calibrate the electric screwdriver?
For obtaining high accuracy and precision, it is necessary to select the type of screwdriver. Few models have in-built transducers, and other types work with a different method of measuring accuracy.
3. Is it necessary to buy additional accessories along with the electric screwdriver?
Accessories like torque arms, balancers, positioning systems, signal towers, etc., improve the driving process's quality assurance and safety.