A vibration meter is a form of an electronic device and is also known as an analyzer. It can process the vibration signals. The sensor generates the voltage signal when it is shaking on the machine. This signal is transmitted through the cable to the vibration meter. It can not only process voltage signal and display vibration values but also other parameters like acceleration and velocity. It can record the vibration with high precision. It is also used to monitor and diagnose the problem in bearings, machines, engines, etc. Portable and hand-held are two types of vibration meter. It is easy to use this device and does not require extensive training.
Vibration meters for mechanical vibrations:
User needs to select a suitable accelerometer based on the mechanical type. The accelerometer for low-frequency measures low acceleration levels and so are highly sensitive. At the same time, accelerometer for high frequency measure high acceleration levels and are compact with low sensitivity. The piezoelectric accelerometer is usually used for measuring vibrations with a frequency of more than 1 Hz. It has a high-frequency feature suitable for measuring vibrations in upper-frequency range. They are majorly used for vibration monitoring and diagnostic checks of mechanical installations in industrial plants.
Standard features of a portable vibration meter:
- It is usually light in weight and easy to operate the machine.
- Vibration overall values are provided in displacement, velocity, and acceleration units.
- It has a back-light display that helps in measuring even in the darker and inside areas.
- It usually has an automatic power-off option and indicates true RMS measurement.
- It is suitable for monitoring machinery vibration caused by out of balance, misalignment, gear damage, bearing faults, etc.
Standard features of a hand-held vibration meter:
- It is simple enough to use with minimal staff training.
- It conveniently measures the vibration levels of bearings, gears, and spindles for maintenance needs.
- It usually comes with an industrial accelerometer, cable assembly, mounting magnet and headphones for audible monitoring.
- It is a portable, lightweight and battery-powered motor.
- It is majorly used for measuring the severity of fans, motors, pumps, and verifying dc bias voltage of accelerometer for troubleshooting installed sensors and cables.
Typical Applications of Vibration Meter:
- Vibration meter can be used in civil engineering to measure the vibration of structures like buildings, roads and bridges, railway tracks, airport quarries, and other heavy industrial areas.
- Along with this building experiences vibration due to natural causes such as wind, weather, earthquakes, or internal components like elevator, ventilation and HVAC systems. Thus, vibration testing helps to identify building areas that are at higher risk due to vibration.
- It is also used for measuring the vibration of the human body.
- The device can measure other parameters like vibration acceleration, vibration velocity and vibration displacement.
Fluke 805 vibration meter - It is one of the best choices in the present situation. It proves to be a reliable, repeatable, accurate device for checking bearings and overall vibration. It has an innovative design that reduces the measurement variations that can be caused by device angle or contact pressure. Also, it provides consistent data quality at both low and high-frequency ranges. Most importantly, it has a 4 level severity scale to assess the urgency of problems and bearing conditions.
Fluke 810 vibration meter - It is an advanced troubleshooting tool mainly used for the mechanical maintenance department. It has an unique diagnostic technology to identify the mechanical problems. It is mainly used by technicians to check the machine's health. It can identify the faults of rotating machinery like bearing damage, misalignment, unbalances, looseness before and after the maintenance, etc.
Vibration meter is a vital power and energy meter type in an electrical power testing system. With the help of this tool you can do the testing and measurement of vibration values very easily by providing accurate results. So, start selecting the right option of vibration meter suitable for your business requirements online now.
|Fluke 805 - Vibration Meter||Buy now|
|Fluke 810 - Vibration Meter||Buy now|