Vernier Caliper is a measuring and layout tool typically used for measuring linear dimensions. It can measure the outer dimension using the main jaw, inner dimensions using the smaller jaw and depth using the stem. It is mainly used in mechanical engineering, educational, aerospace, steel, automobile, metalworking, forestry, woodworking, science and medicine. Let us understand in-depth these applications in different sectors.
Uses of Vernier Caliper in various industrial sectors:
- Automobile – Small parts are essential for manufacturing all types of automobiles. The Vernier Caliper is used in manufacturing and measuring these small parts. It provides an accurate measurement of inside, outside dimensions, depth, and thickness.
- Aerospace – In the aviation industry, precision and accuracy play a vital role. Thus, Vernier Caliper helps ensure the safety standards of the small parts used for flying function. It helps to provide the error-free measurement.
- Medical – It comprises of numerous tools used for diagnosis and surgeries. So, the accuracy and precision of these tools are taken care of by the Vernier Caliper. It is used in manufacturing these medical tools. As the instruments are extremely sensitive to even minute disruption, thus they are to be handled with an extra care. E.g. forceps and the distance between their either sides.
- Education – Engineering students majorly use the caliper to measure the objects in physics subject of different shapes by rectifying the zero error. It is used for inside, outside, and depth measurement of the object.
- Scientific, research labs – It is used to measure the expansion of metal and metallic products. It is also used to measure the effect of gravity on an object when it rotates in different dimensions. Other application is joining 2 pieces of same object by applying the high level of skill-full precision.
- Steel – Caliper is used for measuring the dimensions of by-product to ensure if the safety standards are met. It can measure the width and height of different objects. It is also used to measure the holes, width of pipes, the circumference of metal beads, etc.
- Woodworking – It is used to measure the panel length or diagonal, the width of the elements to measure the distance between 2 or more holes.
- Lock-smithing – Lock-smithing process involves the existence of intricately patterned keys and locking mechanisms. Thus, a Vernier Caliper is used while making accurate and precise cuts over the metallic lock surfaces. It helps to measure the thickness and diameter with high accuracy and precision.
Conclusion: The above-mentioned industrial sectors are suitable options for the application of the Vernier Caliper tool. Digital and dial are two types of Vernier Caliper that are usually preferred for the accurate measurements. To check the collection of high-quality vernier caliper online at reasonable price rates, kindly visit our website.