The personal protective kit is an equipment used by people to protect themselves from health or safety risks at the workplace or contaminated environment. In the outbreak of such dreadful coronavirus, it is a prime responsibility of the owners to safeguard their workers from it. It is fulfilled by providing them with a PPE kit and giving them training in using it correctly. It is essential to understand how to use, store and maintain the PPE kit to keep them safe and pure in such pandemic situations. These PPE kits include safety headcover, earplugs, high visibility clothing, footwear cover, thermal waterproof clothing and respiratory protective equipment.
It provides a barrier against possible exposure within the contaminated environment. It protects the hair and scalp from existing contaminants when airborne exposure is anticipated. Head cap is a high quality non woven fabric cap. It has an elastic cuff that allows a proper seal. It is designed to prevent the infection from spreading in health working staff. It thereby helps in providing optimal care of patients with ease and comfort. It is mostly used in hospitals, doctor’s offices, clinical labs, pathology, etc.
Features of head cover include -
- It acts as a barrier between infectious materials such as virus, bacteria or contaminant and skin, nose & mouth.
- It can ensure the proper blocking of contaminants from blood, body fluid or respiratory secretions.
- It can protect the patients who are at higher risk of contraction through a surgical procedure or who have severe medical conditions.
- It offers protection against falling objects, wielded weapons, entanglement or laceration and provides thermal insulation.
- Generally, it comes with an adjustable headband, nape and chin strap.
* Hard hats are the most common form of head cover that protects against impacts and electrical shock. It is suggested not to put any sticker over the cap or leave it at the back seat of your vehicle to maintain the integrity of the hat material.
It is non woven and high ankle type of component. It helps to keep the sensitive environment free from dirt, germs, twigs and lint. It helps in maintaining hygiene and protects footwear from getting stains of chemicals and paints. Its primary function is to protect the user’s feet from various hazards like crushing, slipping, piercing, temperature, electricity, cutting, chemicals, etc. It is built with non-skid material and can withstand high levels of fluid without breaking down. It comes in a standard size that can fit all sized shoes and possesses anti-static material.
Features of shoe cover include -
- It helps in protecting your flooring by preventing major scuffs, scratches or breakage by possessing breathability and anti-slip properties.
- It maximizes productivity with an automatic dispenser by cutting down the time of wearing and removing the cover from shoe hassle-free.
- It controls the contamination and prevents cross-contamination in the workplace area.
- It keeps the footwear clean and tidy from stains and scratches. It thus helps in extending the life and appearance of the shoes.
Types of Footwear and shoe cover:
Heavy-duty SMS shoe - It is preferred for its increased strength. It is a heavy-duty shoe cover that is extra strong. It comes with or without skid-resistant thread.
Poly-coated high top shoe cover - It is suitable for fluid intensive conditions. It is made up of durable polypropylene coated fabric that meets safety standards. The bound elastic lining provides fluid protection and gives extra comfort and customized fit. The foam strips provide anti-skid protection.
SMS shoe cover - It is made up of SMS fabric. It is available with or without skid-resistant thread.
Spun bond Shoe cover - It is made up of spun-bond polypropylene fabric. It is lightweight and comfortable to wear. It is available with or without skid-resistant thread.
* Work boots are commonly used safety footwear for preventing hazards from falling or rolling objects or penetration. It has slip resistance, with steel toe protection. It also provides protection from rolled ankles that causes strains or sprains.
Head and shoe cover plays a vital role in PPE kit components. They should be approved according to your workplace rules and procedures. They should never be reused to avoid an increase in contamination. The disposing method should be appropriately followed in line to maintain hygiene. User has to remove the cover after use to prevent the cross contamination. Now, you can make an online purchase of these head and shoe covers very easily and get your choice of protective equipment. So, select the PPE kits meant for you and start being safe and hygienic.
|Sai Safety SSWW387 - Free Size Blue Shoe Cover||Buy Now|
|Midas DS 004 - 15 x 36 cm CPE Shoe Cover||Buy Now|
|High Tech 2003 - Safety Disposable Shoe Cover||Buy Now|
|Nova Safe - Blue Colour Disposable Shoe Cover||Buy Now|
|Zaphael - Shoe Cover||Buy Now|
|Dutch Impex - Disposable HM Shoe Cover||Buy Now|
|3M 440 - Disposable Protective Overboot Cover||Buy Now|
|Dutch Impex - Disposable LD Shoe Cover||Buy Now|